Monday, February 1, 2010

Not So Typical Rainbow

I saw a rainbow today. Some might not find it odd. It was odd though; it was sunny out, it hadn't been raining, and the only way I could see it was with my sunglasses on. I caught a glimpse of it while driving to work. It was placed parallel to the sun and if I took my sunglasses off, it disappeared. I was amazed.

Then I got to thinking.

Isn't that kinda how it is with God sometimes? The most beautiful things come when He is shading and covering us; when He is protecting us from the "violent rays" of the world. However, we always have to take our glasses off and see if it's any better with less of His help. We find the result blinding.

The rainbow was awesome and encouraging for me this morning; a beautiful reminder of God's covenant with Noah, and His love for me.

Sometimes I question God as to why He hasn't revealed certain things to me, such as the exact direction for my life and who my future spouse is.

Today I realized I need to see and savor the beauty in the "covering" of my life; in the unseen. In the promise that I am His no matter what.

No comments: