Thursday, September 30, 2010

Popcorn is in the Bible...

First off. No. Popcorn is NOT in the Bible :)

But the dude at the movie theater tried to tell me that it was...

After my friend had purchased her concessions for the movie, the guy behind the counter asked me if I wanted anything, and I politely said no. Then his co-worker proceeds to tell me, "You have to...it's in the Bible." Hopefully he was just trying to make a sale.
I then told him that it wasn't...I've read it. It's not there.

Long story short, while this particular instance was a funny moment, how often are we challenged theologically and we can't answer for it? The challenge might not be as simple as "you have to buy some popcorn for your movie because it's in the Bible", but you will have challenges...and you must be ready to face them. What happens when someone seriously refutes your faith and you can't answer for it? Your credibility is shot with that person. Does that mean God can't use it? No. He's God. He can do what He wants.
But that's not the point. The point is, we need to be ready for battle daily. It's time to stop being complacent in knowing about God, and time to starting desiring to truly know Him.

It's time to stand up and let people know that popcorn is not in the Bible...

No comments: