Wednesday, July 22, 2009

my GOD!!!!!!


Psalm 18:1-2--I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
   my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge,
   my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Wow…how powerful are these words that David wrote so long ago. So much of what God has been for me, and will continue to be for me, is summed up in these two verses. My strength, when I had nothing left to give. My rock, when I had nowhere else to fall. My fortress, when all other shelters had blown away. My deliverer, when I was in the darkest place. My God…the One who directs my path, and leads me by still waters. My shield, to protect me from the attacks I face. The horn of my salvation….the very reason I am saved. My stronghold, the only thing that matters. As I ponder what to do with life, and decisions I have already made, I think about these two verses and realize that all I need to do is really put my faith in who God is and 100% trust that He will be what He says He is in His word!! If only I could practice what I preach J I'm faced with an inner decision, one that is not easy, but I realize and understand that no matter what happens, the Lord will be my rock/fortress/deliverer/strength/shield/and stronghold. If only I hold fast to that which I know in my head and in my heart, everything else will flow with joy and peace!!!

Keep on--

No comments: